ES IST SOWEIT: Der PDSV Cup 2024 hat begonnen! Teilnahmebedingungen: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=58164
Der PDSV Cup dient zur Finanzierung des Pulverdampf Forums. Bitte unterstützt unser Forum, danke!

Reload database

Pulver, Hülsen, Geschosse, Zündhütchen, Ausrüstung - Alles zum Thema "Wiederladen".
Forumsregeln
ACHTUNG! Es kann keinerlei Haftung für gepostete Ladedaten und sonstige Informationen übernommen werden. Jeder handelt auf eigene Gefahr und Verantwortung.

Wiederladen kann gefährlich sein und soll nur von Personen mit dem entsprechenden Fachwissen durchgeführt werden.
BigBen
gun nut
gun nut

Re: Reload database

Beitrag von BigBen » So 21. Jan 2018, 08:24

DerDaniel hat geschrieben:Dear stah, please don't get me wrong, but your complete careless handling and blaring out of personal user data makes me question your and your databases fitness to handle such data.
I think you should overthink your policies quite a bit.

It could nowadays actually also result in possible legal problems...data protection regulations etc.
Abusus non tollit usum - Mißbrauch hebt den (ge)rechten Gebrauch nicht auf

stah
9mm Para
9mm Para

Beitrag von stah » So 21. Jan 2018, 15:47

DerDaniel hat geschrieben:Dear stah, please don't get me wrong, but your complete careless handling and blaring out of personal user data makes me question your and your databases fitness to handle such data.
I think you should overthink your policies quite a bit.

Well...

Help me understand where you can see the issue, please.

On the database you have possibility to see only nickname (no other personal data). By the way, I'm not collecting personal data - except email - and in this case - you are not forced to provide valid one - there is no verification mechanism (like on many other sites). Nick, selected by user is "pseudonymisation" because from database point of view it's random.

- IPs are cleaned overnight.
- Passwords are not stored in the database - I'm using hash algorithm - so even I'm not able to recover it. (there is mechanism to change - not restore).
- When you sending private messages - you also can use only nickname of sender - no email is given.
- If you want to be forgotten - just send me info (via Priv Message) - I will remove all traces of your activity (like GDPR stands for).
- database is located in EU (Amazon Frankfurt)

... and finally: I'm doing this for shooters like you and with pure intention to share knowledge only. There is nothing more.

DerDaniel hat geschrieben: ...your complete careless handling and blaring out of personal user data ...

As I know I did not do anything to deserve for this...

Thank you for caring.
stah

DerDaniel
.50 BMG
.50 BMG

Beitrag von DerDaniel » So 21. Jan 2018, 17:31

Obviously, you're either referencing new users of the database to pulverdampf users, determine their IP location and post this here, or you're publishing otherwise not public information.
This happened twice now, the first time semi anonymous,
stah hat geschrieben:thx.
35 users from Österreich fo far. Great!
Gruß
Stanislaw
second time with a clear reference to user and location
stah hat geschrieben:you're welcome

By the way: we have new group of users: welcome Corsica :)

And this is what I mean with I doubt your fitnessand as you are the program, that automatically transfers to your database.

stah
9mm Para
9mm Para

Beitrag von stah » So 21. Jan 2018, 17:47

Ad 1. Nothing is automatic transferred. After Publishing post, I noticed users with .at email. That was conclusion. There is no GDPR violation. But - Ok, no more.

Ad. 2. It's public information. On open Corsica forum users wrote that. There is no GDPR violation.

stah

BigBen
gun nut
gun nut

Beitrag von BigBen » So 21. Jan 2018, 17:56

DerDaniel hat geschrieben:Obviously, you're either referencing new users of the database to pulverdampf users, determine their IP location and post this here, or you're publishing otherwise not public information.
This happened twice now, the first time semi anonymous,
stah hat geschrieben:thx.
35 users from Österreich fo far. Great!
Gruß
Stanislaw
second time with a clear reference to user and location
stah hat geschrieben:you're welcome

By the way: we have new group of users: welcome Corsica :)

And this is what I mean with I doubt your fitnessand as you are the program, that automatically transfers to your database.

I cannot see a problem with any of that...
Abusus non tollit usum - Mißbrauch hebt den (ge)rechten Gebrauch nicht auf

DerDaniel
.50 BMG
.50 BMG

Beitrag von DerDaniel » So 21. Jan 2018, 21:19

Ad. 1: As you said yourself, you accessed user data (doesn't matter if it is the IP address or the domain of the email-addresses) and made a public statement about them. As your page does not have any terms on it, even semi anonymous publication of data or statistics is an infringement.

Ad. 2: OK, thats my fault, I interpreted your post as towards the user you welcomed before. Sorry for that mistake. I withdraw the "blaring out of personal user data" and want to apologize for it.

I don't want to attack you or your idea. I think it is great and useful for the shooting community. But you're working with personal data and therefore you have to handle it with the appropriate and legally necessary care. If users could for example publish their country and you would have used this data, it's totally fine, but using their nonpublic data is not.

stah
9mm Para
9mm Para

Beitrag von stah » Mo 22. Jan 2018, 11:23

Ad. 1. Ok, lessons learned. As I wrote: no more (statistics and any other data). Will keep this in mind. Thx.
Ad. 2. Ok, apology accepted. Thx.

In the other hand, (don't get me wrong too) - it's easier to destroy than build - as we can see - this is the first database of this kind. I'ts much more complicated than webpage or ready to use open-source forum software.

I have spent a lot of time to build this software and acquire users (without them it makes no sense).
I have spent some my private money for infrastructure (no donations so far).
Many users has spent a lot of time to enter their data.

I will continue.

My suggestion: Let's close this particular discussion. Nothing bad has happened and will not happen.

stah

hari
Supporter 6,5x55 TTSX
Supporter 6,5x55 TTSX

Beitrag von hari » Mo 22. Jan 2018, 11:55

I don't see how the information that there are 35 users from Austria registered would leak any personal data as it can't be linked to specific user accounts. I'm all for protection of sensitive data, but @DerDaniel is overreacting here IMHO. Thanks for your effort @stah, I'm well aware how much time, effort and resources it takes to run a community project.

One feature proposal, we get nice reports from our "Beschussamt" (National Firing Proof House?) when we let them do gas pressure checks. It would be cool if one could upload such a report as PDF to the specific load.

chabich
.308 Win
.308 Win

Beitrag von chabich » Mo 22. Jan 2018, 23:51

stah hat geschrieben:Ad. 1. Ok, lessons learned. As I wrote: no more (statistics and any other data). Will keep this in mind. Thx.
Ad. 2. Ok, apology accepted. Thx.

In the other hand, (don't get me wrong too) - it's easier to destroy than build - as we can see - this is the first database of this kind. I'ts much more complicated than webpage or ready to use open-source forum software.

I have spent a lot of time to build this software and acquire users (without them it makes no sense).
I have spent some my private money for infrastructure (no donations so far).
Many users has spent a lot of time to enter their data.

I will continue.

My suggestion: Let's close this particular discussion. Nothing bad has happened and will not happen.

stah
Don't let some wannabe smartasses drive you crazy. There is no privacy issue since it's only username & email you are asking.

The same people complaining about your (non-existent) privacy issues of your site, seem to have no problem laying private information open in this forum ...

I like your attempt to create an open and no strings attached reloading database. Keep up the good work.

stah
9mm Para
9mm Para

Beitrag von stah » Di 23. Jan 2018, 13:04

hari hat geschrieben:One feature proposal, we get nice reports from our "Beschussamt" (National Firing Proof House?) when we let them do gas pressure checks. It would be cool if one could upload such a report as PDF to the specific load.

Done. You owe me a beer. :)

stah

DerDaniel
.50 BMG
.50 BMG

Beitrag von DerDaniel » Di 23. Jan 2018, 13:54

With the proofing upload feature, I think it would be reasonable to have a checkbocks "proofed" that would show up in the overview and that can be searched/filtered (to find/show proofed loads only).
Although I wouldn't connect it with the upload itself, as people might upload e.g. chrono data too, but make a promt when someone uploads a PDF such as "is this a proofing certificate?"

stah
9mm Para
9mm Para

Beitrag von stah » Fr 26. Jan 2018, 22:01

New release installed - this time it's bigger one - a dozen or so patches and modifications to the system's behaviour.

Most important is new matrix thats do mapping between bullet diameters and calibre's.
Ultimately, it will be connected as a "hint" to select proper bullet when entering new reload.
Right now, it allows searching for bullets appropriate for a given caliber.

If you could - check and correct above mapping - there is no option for me to be familiar with all calibres ...
I have no more time to google it, because I implementing next features... :)

Important: You as a registered user have granted rights to edit this mappings.

stah

stah
9mm Para
9mm Para

Beitrag von stah » Sa 10. Feb 2018, 22:54

Thank you for testing support.
New bug-fix-only release deployed.

Gruß :)
stah

P.S. if something does not work, just write direct message to me (user: stah) or use contact form, please.

stah
9mm Para
9mm Para

Beitrag von stah » Fr 6. Apr 2018, 12:31

New release deployed. I'm also starting a collection for cloud infrastructure for the next year.

Many Thanks to our supporters.

stah

stah
9mm Para
9mm Para

Beitrag von stah » Fr 27. Jul 2018, 11:51

Today night, I going to migrate system to other server, so the database could be unavailable for few hours.
See you soon on the new hardware.

stah

Antworten